US-based Nigerian lady gives multiple reasons why living in Nigeria is better than living abroad
A Nigerian lady residing in the United States has taken to social media to explain why she believes Nigeria is better than foreign countries.
According to the lady with Twitter handle @Queenarikeade living in Nigeria is better than living abroad because the monetary equivalent of naira in those countries cannot get the same amount of food or other essential items.
She cited an example using the dollar-naira exchange rate of $1 to N500, stating that in Nigeria, 500 naira can get two plates of food while in USA, 1 dollar cannot be used to buy a meal.
Read her writeup;
”This is a message from a Nigerian living in the US, it’s worth sharing!
DON’T EVER CURSE YOUR COUNTRY
1. If you don’t know how you are blessed, you will think your father’s farm is worse than your friend father’s farm.
2. $1 is N500 and so what?
3. Let me elucidate from my little experience. Can anyone in the US use $1 for breakfast? No!
4. But in Nigeria, N500 will give you breakfast and lunch.
5.Majority of people’s monthly house rent (self contained apartment) in the USA is $1,000 and above… and that is your own 2 year’s
6. Have you ever paid for insurance before? Insurance in the US is $280 and that is almost N100,000 monthly.
7. When last did you pay monthly phone bills? I pay almost N40,000 monthly and if I don’t, they are going to block my SIM. Your own MTN can be there for months without recharge.
8. When last did you work on Saturday and Sunday?
9. This I do compulsorily and on regular basis.
10. Don’t get me wrong, the US is better than Nigeria, depending on which angle
you are viewing it.
Reason for the season” Beautiful Song from my Super Talented motivational_uzo ft Mackson… http://btls.co/single.aspx?ref=2021/02/20/02/46/18/uzo-ft-mackson-reason-for-the-season-by-Uzo
11. Do you want to hear the truth?
12. Many people in Nigeria live a more fulfilling life compared to their counterparts abroad.
13. Forget about all the packaging on social media and give credit to the good life you are living.
14. Do you know why Nigerians living in the US always rush back quickly whenever they
come home visiting?
15. Because bills are counting and elongated absence (freedom) will put their lives in jeopardy.
16. If you, as a black person, attempt to emulate the whites, they will kneel on
17. Apart from Congo, no citizens in the entire universe enjoy life to the fullest than Nigerians.
18. You are abundantly blessed but you don’t know until you get visa and relocate abroad, that is when you will know that your 8-hour job in Nigeria with free weekend is awoof.
19. With 8-hour job abroad, you can only pay bills, you need other 6 to 8 hours jobs to save for the future and plan your life.
20. The truth is that the grass is green everywhere, it’s lack of vision greed of our leaders/politicians and the skewed religious practices (which placed emphasis on miracles that ascended Nigeria onto a myopic tentacle of complete standstill.
21. Always thank God wherever you may find yourself. Nigeria is good and will be
22. God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria”