Tragedy struck earlier today after a little boy was electrocuted in Maikunkele, Bosso Local Government area of Niger State.
According to reports, the deceased identified as Muhammad Arafat – was shocked to death after the transformer was left wide open and the innocent child walked into it.
The incident caused lament in the area as residents and symphathizers gathered at the scene to mourn where the boy passed away.
Community leaders, parents and stakeholders have been urged to ensure that transformers situated in areas are fenced and locked to guide against such unfortunate occurrences.
May his soul rest peace.